Payment & Shipping Terms:
The ram blowout preventer is one of the key elements of the well control system. It is mainly used to control the well head pressure during such operations as drilling, servicing and oil testing to prevent any blow out hazard effectively and ensure safe operations. Specifically, this ram blowout preventer can perform the following
1. When there is a pipe string in a well, the circular space between the casing and the pipe string could be sealed with pipe rams or variable diameter rams with matched specifications.
2. When there isn’t a pipe string in a well, the wellhead could be shut off completely with blind rams or shear rams.
3. In cases of emergency, the pipe string can be cut by cutting the drillpipe to seal the wellhead completely.
4. After the well has been sealed, such special operations as mud circulation, choking, killing and well washing can be performed through pipe manifold for well killing and choking connected to spool and side outlet of body.
5. When used together with the pipe manifold for choking and killing, it can control the well pressure effectively and achieve near-balance well killing operations.
Principles of Well Pressure Sealing A ram blowout preventer can only effectively kill a well when all the four seals have taken effect. These four seals include the seal between the ram top seal and the
body, the seal between the ram front seal and the pipe, and the front seal, the seal between the body and the bonnet, and the seal between the ram shaft and the bonnet. The ram sealing process is divided into two steps. In the first step the hydraulic oil forces the ram shaft to impel the Face Seal rubber element to make it deformed and seal the front part and it also lets the Top Seal rubber element be interfered
and compressed to fill the gap between the Top Seal element and the body and seal the top, thus finish the primary sealing. In the second step, with the help of the pressure inside the well the ram is impelled from behind to allow the further deformation of the Face Seal element and the ram is also impelled from the bottom to let the body adhere tightly to the Top Seal element and thus achieve the reliable sealing of the well. This is called the well pressure assisted sealing effect.